Lemon Tahini Dressing
LivFarms’ Lemon Tahini Dressing is a rich and creamy mixture enhanced by fresh lemon juice. Tahini, a sesame seed paste, provides a smooth and slightly bitter undertone that pairs beautifully with the bright, citrusy tang of lemon. Olive oil adds a fruity depth and helps emulsify the dressing, giving it a luxurious texture. Minced garlic brings a pungent warmth to the mix, while fresh parsley offers a pop of color and a fresh herbal note that lightens the dressing's earthy flavors. This dressing's robust and creamy profile makes it an excellent match for LivFarms’ Romaine lettuce. To complement this dressing, consider incorporating elements like roasted chickpeas or sunflower seeds for added texture, sliced cucumbers or bell peppers for a crisp, refreshing contrast, and avocado slices or crumbled feta cheese for additional creaminess and a touch of saltiness. This Lemon Tahini Dressing can transform a simple green salad into a hearty and flavorful dish.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl or jar, combine ¼ cup tahini and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- Slowly pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil while whisking the mixture.
- Add 1 clove of minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk or shake until well combined.
- Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper, or lemon juice if needed.
- Transfer the dressing to a container and refrigerate. Stir or shake well before each use.
Parsley offers a bright and herbaceous flavor with a mild peppery undertone. Its taste is refreshing and slightly tangy, complementing the zesty notes of lemon in the dressing. In salads with LivFarms lettuce, parsley can be a gamechanger adding a burst of freshness and a hint of earthiness to elevate the overall flavor profile. Nutritionally, parsley is rich in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate and iron. It's a low-calorie herb that brings essential nutrients to your diet. The chlorophyll in parsley has been associated with potential anti-inflammatory and detoxification benefits. Parsley is also known for its high antioxidant content, contributing to overall health and wellbeing. By incorporating fresh parsley into dishes like Lemon Tahini Dressing, you not only enhance the taste but also introduce a powerhouse of nutrients with potential health promoting properties.